Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Bangladesh

Good day to you all.. after like a month after the previous post. But at least it is not a year. And in my defence, the last few weeks have been hectic, in several life spheres but now I am having some me-time, and lets put up a few posts here. This weather outside sucks anyway...



I've been doing some thinking and I have decided to do some posts dedicated to some of my postcard fairies. You know how I just cannot choose cards totally at random but always have to overcomplicate stuff and find some meaningful pattern and blah blah blah...
So there we go, and my postcard-fairy of the day is Sissel, a name you have encountered here on a lot of occasions, esp. with those breathtaking Norwegian cards ;-)
And today's first card from Sissel is as part of a fantastic trip she took last year (all her trips are fantastic though), and among all the other places, she got to visit Bangladesh too.
Not my first one from Bangladesh, the debut was here, few years ago. But also not my last since another Bangladesh card is on my way from what I know, I just hope it doesn't get lost in the dark halls of the postal service somewhere.
Regarding this one, I am not exactly sure what it represents; looks like some kind of a celebration for a National Day or something. I could say a protest as well, but the few faces I can spot look kinda cheerful and not in a protesting mood, so I don't know. Still it is a super cool card!


the stamp on the right was issued in 2012, commemorating the 100th Anniversary of the Bangladesh Police Academy, while the other one is from 1989, representing Bangladesh Landmarks, showing the Curzon Hall, a British Raj-era building and home of the Faculty of Science at the University of Dhaka. The building was originally intended to be a town hall and is named after Lord Curzon.

No comments:

Post a Comment